Are you looking for things to do in Marion, Virginia? Whether you’re a tourist or a local, this charming town has plenty of things to do. Read on for some ideas.
Visit the James River
If you’re looking for things to do in Marion, Virginia, look at the James River. The waterway runs for over 120 miles and offers plenty of opportunities for fun in all kinds of weather conditions. From swimming and sunbathing to fishing and kayaking, there’s something for everyone on the river.
In addition to its many recreational attractions, the James River is also a valuable resource for businesses and farmers. The waterway provides a reliable source of hydropower, which helps power homes and businesses throughout Virginia and much of North America.
Whether you’re spending a day by the river or exploring its many neighborhoods, there’s no better place to spend your vacation than in Marion, Virginia.
Visit the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
If you want a fun and exciting day out, consider visiting the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. This world-renowned museum is home to some of the most impressive art collections in the world, and it’s easy to see why.
The VMA has something for everyone, from paintings by master artists like Rembrandt and Michelangelo to contemporary works by famous names like Jeff Koons and Andy Warhol. You’ll be able to explore every nook and cranny of this vast museum, and you will be impressed by what you see.
There are several ways to experience the VMA:
- Take a guided tour (available in English or Spanish).
- Visit during open hours (9 am-5 pm, Monday through Saturday).
- Use the museum’s online ticketing system.
No matter your route, you’re sure to have an amazing time!
Tour the Historic Edgar Allan Poe House
If you’re in the mood for a fun and interesting day out, consider visiting the Edgar Allan Poe House. This historic building is home to some of the author’s most famous works, including The Raven and The Tell-Tale Heart. Tours are available daily from 10 am to 4 pm, lasting about an hour each. Admission is free, and there are also plenty of other attractions in Marion to keep you busy while you’re there.
Shop at local boutiques and farmers’ markets
Check out the local boutiques and farmers’ markets in Marion, Virginia. Not only will you find amazing clothes and accessories, but you’ll also get to support small businesses and purchase fresh produce.
View natural beauty in Marion’s scenic surroundings
Marion, Virginia, is a picturesque town located in the rolling hills of Central Virginia. The surrounding countryside is dotted with mountains and lakes, making for an idyllic setting perfect for exploring nature.
In Marion, you can enjoy many outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, fishing, skiing, kayaking and more. Whether you’re looking to relax or explore new horizons, there’s something for everyone in Marion. Here are some of the top attractions:
- Blue Ridge Parkway: This National Park covers over 2,000 miles of scenic beauty and offers a variety of trails for hikers and mountain bikers.
- Shenandoah National Park: With its dramatic cliffs and waterfalls, this park is popular for climbers and picnickers.
- Elk Garden State Park: Accessed by way of beautiful Mount Rogers National Recreation Area (home to one of America’s highest peaks), Elk Garden State Park offers swimming beaches and playgrounds as well as ample opportunities for hiking and biking.
- The James River: A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987, the James River offers boaters access to dozens of miles of scenic waterways filled with wildlife habitats and historical sites.
Marion also offers plenty to those who prefer urban amenities such as art galleries, restaurants and nightlife. Whatever your interests or needs may be – Marion has got you covered!
Thanks for reading! In this post, we’ve shared some things to do in Marion, Virginia. If you’re ever in the area, check these places out. And if you have yet to go to Marion, add it to your list of places to visit.